Monday, November 3, 2008

Lazy Days

So I was sitting here doing my homework and listening to my music, when all of a sudden the song Sacred Ground by John Schmidt started playing. This is a lovely piano piece and I had to stop reading my text book and just listen. As I listened my eyes were drawn to the clouds and my mind was pulled into reminiscence. I recalled some of my favorite lazy days. Sometimes I just love to lay out under the sun and watch the clouds. The experience is very mind stimulating. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Another of my favorite things to do is go for a walk in the rain, or better yet, sit cuddled up in a blanket on the couch reading a book, with the pitter-patter of the rain as my soundtrack. Another is when my family would go camping, camping is pretty much a bunch of lazy days, sometimes, because often I would lay on the rocks by the lake, the hot sun on my back, the slight breeze ever constant, listening to the lap of the waves on the rocks. I love it when I can just wake up in the morning to the suns rays falling on my face, I love just laying in bed and contemplating life. These wonderful moments give me an opportunity to remember how blessed I am! I miss lazy days, its been awhile since I've had one.

No comments: