Friday, January 30, 2009

My Testimony

I know He lives, and loves me. And sometimes that is all that matters. This is where my testimony begins. As I ponder on all that has been done for me, and given to me, I find it hard to express in words the gratitude I have for Jesus Christ. When I make a mistake, his grace saves me, as he is my Savior. When I am sad He comforts me, as he is my Friend. When ridicule from others gets me down, he stands up for me, as he is my Brother. When I feel lost in this world of choices, he gives me advice, as he is the Master Teacher. When my heart is filled with joy, I know his is too. Throughout this walk of life, he has been by my side. I have always believed in Him, and as I have grown surrounded by the teachings of his gospel, my understanding has increased. The precious price he paid for me, for us, I will never forget. How can I, when I know that it is by him and through him, that I can return and live with my Heavenly Father? As Christ was perfect, so I strive to be.

I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Living the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me more joy than anything of the world. By living the gospel, my testimony has increased, as I have come to understand a little more of its doctrines and principles. The Book of Mormon is true. How can it not be? It truly is another testament of Jesus Christ, and by reading it we can always gain new insight and understanding about the will of the Father, and the essence of Christ. President Monson is the prophet of our church. A man called of God, a seer and a revelator. As are those in the presidency, the Quorum of the Twelve, and the Seventy. Joseph Smith was also a prophet of God. It is amazing what Joseph accomplished through the will of the Lord. As Joseph was an instrument in God's hands, so I want to be instrument in the hands of our maker. I do what is right, and strive for obedience, because I know Jesus Christ lives. I look forward to his coming. How joyous that day will be. In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: